Northeastern alum and energy justice law expert returns to campus, as professor and GRI Faculty Affiliate

A new Northeastern professor, with joint appointments in the School of Law and the School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs, is no stranger to campus.

Shalanda Baker (L’05) is a renowned expert in environmental and renewable energy law, sustainable development, administrative law, and international development and returns to her Alma mater after spending a year in Mexico on a Fulbright award exploring energy reform, climate change, and indigenous rights. Baker has also joined the Global Resilience Institute, as a Faculty Affiliate.

“When I got the call to throw my hat in the ring, I was excited by the direction Northeastern was heading,” Baker told News@Northeastern. “The Global Resilience Institute was a big draw for me, and my work lines up with what the institute is trying to accomplish.”

To read the full News@Northeastern article, click here

By leveraging and integrating capabilities from all nine colleges along with the many relevant research centers and institutes at Northeastern University, the Global Resilience Institute has established resilience as a university-wide focus. All nine college deans have committed to making resilience an ongoing research and educational priority within their colleges. Browse the profiles of our Affiliated Faculty by visiting: