- This event has passed.
Apr 3 • 4:30 am - 6:00 pm
AAG 2019: Theorizing the Just City in the Era of Climate Change
GRI's Director for Strategic Research Collaborations Jennie Stephens will return to the American Association of Geographers Annual Meeting in Washington, DC on April 4th on the Theorizing the Just City in the Era of Climate Change panel.
The session will cover climate change from both the socio-ecological and policy perspectives, and focus on its impact on urban environments, essential infrastructure, local governance, and vulnerable populations; with an emphasis on building climate resilient, equitable, and social just cities.
Possible topics include:
- Housing Affordability and Accessibility in the Era of Climate Change
- Smart Urbanism and Climate Change
- Transportation and Access in the Climate Resilient City
- Financing the Climate Resilient City
- Climate-Oriented and Climate-Friendly Infrastructure
- Urban Migration, Surveillance, and Security in the Era of Climate Change
- Digital Infrastructure in the Era of Climate Change
- Corporate Power and Political Influence in the Climate-Friendly City