Jun 10 — Jun 12
Sustainable Consumption & Social Justice in an Urbanizing World
The College of Social Science and Humanities (CSSH) and the School of Public Policy & Urban Affairs (SPPUA) at Northeastern University will host the fourth international conference of the Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Initiative, SCORAI. This international conference will convene scholars and practitioners to focus on sustainable consumption as it relates to urban issues and social equity. For more information, or to register, visit the official event website: www.scorai.org.
- 3 day event in the heart of Boston
- High-profile keynote speakers
- Diverse transdisciplinary research presentations
- Practitioner workshops
- Local field trips
- Convenient and affordable on-campus accommodation available
What is SCORAI?
SCORAI (Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Initiative), founded in 2008, is an international knowledge network of researchers and practitioners committed to advancing sustainability by focusing on societal patterns of consumption. SCORAI recognizes that technological innovation alone is insufficient to achieve sustainability; social and institutional changes are required to reduce consumption of materials and energy. SCORAI’s mission is to facilitate a transition to a more sustainable society by generating and disseminating knowledge and by supporting policy and grassroots initiatives.
Previous SCORAI Conferences
- 1st International SCORAI Conference: Clark University, June 2013
- 2nd International SCORAI Conference: University of Maine, June 2016
- 3rd International SCORAI Conference: Copenhagen Business School, June 2018