Northeastern University’s School of Public Policy & Urban Affairs and the Global Resilience Institute are organizing a panel in celebration of Earth Day’s 50th anniversary focused on: Climate Action & Social Justice During COVID19: A Time for Transformation.
This time of massive societal disruption is requiring us to reconsider many things, including how we prepare for the climate crisis and how we address growing inequities and disparities. In connection with Earth Day 2020’s 50-year celebration of activism, this panel will reflect on integrating climate action and social justice into this transformative time.
The panel will take place on Monday, April 20th from 1:00 – 2:00pm using zoom. To register for the webinar please click here. If you can’t make the scheduled time, check back later for access to the recorded session to watch later.
- Matt Nisbet, Professor of Communication and Public Policy, Northeastern University
- Karl Meakin, Environmental Science undergraduate student, Director of Policy for the Roosevelt Institute, Northeastern University, Member of the Boston chapter of the Sunrise Movement
- Maria Cimilluca, VP for Facilities Management, Northeastern University
- Ted Landsmark, Professor and Director of the Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional Policy, Northeastern Unviersity
- Jennie Stephens, Professor and Director, School of Public Policy & Urban Affairs, Director of Strategic Research Collaborations, Global Resilience Institute, Northeastern University, Moderator