As a global network of researchers and practitioners, the GRRN applies interdisciplinary knowledge to support resilience across scales. Our network focuses on ensuring that societies can better cope with sudden disruptions and responding to disasters occurring anywhere in the world with resources and support aimed at rebuilding more resilient communities and infrastructures. On all continents, the GRRN draws on the expertise of diverse resilience experts to conduct assessments, innovate solutions, and enhance local capacity for resilience.
The Global Resilience Research Network (GRRN) is committed to informing and advancing resilience solutions so that individuals, communities, systems and networks can thrive in the face of acute disturbances - both sudden and slow-moving.Founded by the Global Resilience Institute (GRI) at Northeastern University in collaboration with the Fraunhofer Ernst-Mach-Institut, GRRN is a membership network of leading universities, institutes, non-profit organizations, and companies engaged in resilience research that informs the development of novel tools and applications.GRRN is made up of members from around the world that share similar interests in interdisciplinary and applied resilience research and derive mutual benefit from:
- The network’s ability to identify relevant expertise across member institutions to support the creation of collaborative research teams.
- The network’s support in developing research proposals that are interdisciplinary and have broad geographic scope that potential funders are most interested in supporting.
- The communications and partnership outreach efforts of the network that elevate the profile of each member’s resilience-related research, events, news, and activities.
A digital platform that enables virtual research collaboration and information sharing among GRRN members. This dedicated online portal is supported by the Global Resilience Institute. Members have access to a robust search tool to browse the profiles of fellow resilience researchers, as well as forums, a digital repository and more. Lynx-Net is a resource to find a diverse array of resilience experts from around the globe.
The Summit provides an opportunity for GRRN members to gather each year to:
- Showcase the results of their research and educational efforts.
- Propose collaborative research ideas that would be of potential interest to other GRRN members.
- Engage directly with practitioners on identifying and prioritizing new research needs and validating applied research results.
- For further information about this summit and see highlights please visit: www.GRRNSummit.org